Looking to have a WiscWeb WordPress Lab or Department site created:
The best way to reach SMPH Shared Services IT for assistance is through our ticketing system:
- Content Update Request Form: http://it.med.wisc.edu/documents/wiscweb-wordpress-content-update/
- General Support Request: https://it.med.wisc.edu/documents/general-it-support-request/
- Information Needed for new site creation:
- Lab Name
- Site URL request: (example: https://bmolchem.wisc.edu/)
Note: Your site name identifies where your site will live until you are ready to publish to your desired production domain.
Your WiscWeb project URL will consist of the site name (lowercase letters, no spaces or dashes) + .wiscweb.wisc.edu.
- Site Description
- Site Admins (who will be making updates and edits to the site)
SMPH Shared Services IT WiscWeb WordPress Support:
SMPH Shared Services IT can assist with:
- Request the site through UW WiscWeb WordPress (https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/), move current content to the new site and match functionality and layout (as best as we can) between the current and new site.
- This includes moving over content including pictures and forms. If we can receive original image files from the current site, it will provide better resolution images (staff photos, special microscope images, etc.)
- Moving forward, we’re here for free support and to assist with answering in-depth inquiries.
- UW WiscWeb WordPress is a free web hosting service provided to UW affiliates.
Lab/ Department Site Admin will (Not SMPH Shared Services IT):
- Provide contact information to SMPH IT with users who will be site owners (this may be the facility lead or an experienced employee)
- Finalize WiscWeb site and request to launch “Go Live”.
It is highly recommended that all staff with access to the site attend WiscWeb WordPress training prior to making any changes to the site.
Once users have gone to training and/or logged into WordPress, let us know the profile and email address used and we will add them to the site (Editor or Administrator).
WiscWeb WordPress Resources:
- WiscWeb WordPress Training: https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/training/ (WordPress Using the UW Theme)
- WiscWeb WordPress Service: https://wiscweb.wisc.edu/
Example WiscWeb WordPress Lab Sites:
For timely replies, PLEASE be sure to contact us through our ticketing system rather than directly through email.
Here is how to reach us and get support right away:
- EMAIL: email@example.com (Contracted DOIT VIP Service)
- PHONE: 608-264-4357 (OPTION 5 for VIP)